Whenever kids come back from school they need some different type of snacks to eat. So I try many new items to fulfill their tummy… Everyone likes corn even my kids too so I tried making corn canapés at home…
Canapés is another of my family’s favorite snack or appetizer. I generally use Brittania crackers for making canapés but this time, I used some store bought canapés base it also worked good…
This is the best appetizer recipe to serve a large group as you can have everything ready in advance and you can assemble them just before serving which hardly takes any time. In fact, preparing the filling in advance allows all the flavors to blend in nicely.
15 store-bought canapés base
1 cup frozen sweet corn
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped(seeds removed)
½ capsicum diced
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp chopped green chilies
chopped coriander leaves or cilantro Sev puri for garnishing
¼ tsp chaat masala (optional)
1) Wash and boil the corn for 10 minutes in enough water. Or you can give them a whistle in pressure cooker. Drain it
2) Add all the chopped vegetables and spices in a bowl. Add boiled corn and mix well
3) Taste the corn chaat and adjust the spices according to your taste.
4) If you are using store bought canapés fry/bake them according to directions on their box.
5) Just before serving, apply a layer of cheese spread and a spoon of prepared corn chaat on canapes.
6) Garnish with cheese and several puri.
7) Really delicious, healthy and quick appetizer to serve.