Cheese balls makes a great starter. Cheese Corn Balls recipe is a crunchy yet soft-centered deep-fried dish cheese ball is a great tasting dip. A delicious dip which contains cheese ..evryone from kids to elders will sure love this …. They make for a great party appetizer and you will have your guests noting down your recipe for cheese corn balls.
- 1/2 cup Cheese , grated
- 1 Potato (aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels , boiled
- 3 tablespoon Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- Coriander leaves (Dhania) , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon Black pepper powder
- 1/8 tablespoon Garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Corn flour
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- Cooking oil , as required for deep frying.
- Rinse potatoes, cut into half and Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.Peel off the skin,and mash it well.Set aside.Pressure cook sweet corn for 5 whistles with little salt and required water.Drain water completely and set aside.
- In a blender, add corn and blend it to a coarse mixture.Do this in batches and collect in a bowl.Add mashed potato,grated cheese,1 tbsp maida,cornflour, chilli flakes, pepper powder,oregano and required salt.
- Mix well to form a thick dough.Shape them into balls and arrange them in a plate.I just made few balls for click sake and reserved the rest for later use.
- Take 2 tbsp maida in a bowl , add little water and make a thick paste.Dip each ball in the maida mixture coat it well.Then dip it in breadcrumb mixture.Roll over to make sure it is coated evenly
- Heat oil, deep fry the balls in oil till golden brown.Fry in batches, I used my small pan so fried just 3-4 balls at a time.Drain in tissue paper. Serve hot immediately with tomato ketchup or green chutney or mayyonaise…..