One more recipe for kids tiffin……. Do u Want an easy and delicious tea time snack for a nice evening? How about trying Pori upma? Its really very easy and quick to make and yet very yummy and healthy. Puffed Rice upma is a simple bachelor Recipe . If you are planning to make an instant breakfast or a light evening food, then the Puffed rice upma is a cuisine that can meet your needs …. The puffed rice is also known by such names as uggani, buggani, vaggani or borugula upma….Most of us have puffed rice all time in our home as it is very easy to make bhel puri or just give the plain pori for kids as a snack. Using the same puffed rice, adding few more veggies and make it a little healthier and also tasty. It could be made at busy mornings.Puffed rice is light and easily digestible. Though it has more volume than regular rice, it contains less calories and almost no fat.so the people who are in diet can take this recipe. Try this Pori Upma and share your comments!
- 4-5 cup Puffed Rice (Pori)
- 1 medium sized onion – finely sliced
- 2 green chilies – finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- asofoetida- a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu / black gram)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or kadai. Tamper mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Add chopped onions and green chilies. Cook for a minute on low flame.
- Meanwhile, wash puffed rice in running water or fill a bowl with water and immerse pori in water. Squeeze out the water immediately. Separate the grains
- Add Pori, turmeric powder, asofoetida, and salt to taste. Stir well for 1 or 2 mins on low flame. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
- At the time of serving, sprinkle lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves……