Mirchi Vada or Mirchi Bhaji is a popular Rajasthani snack ….. Rajasthani Mirchi vada is a spicy chilli fritter as well a delicious snacks.. This Dish is made of green peppers stuffed with a masala aloo filling and deep fried makes a mouthwatering snack for people who love hot & spicy food. I make this mostly whenever rains to enjoy the monsoon with family and have fun …
• 1 cup Gram Flour/Besan
• ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
• ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
• 3-4 Medium sized Potato boiled
• 2 Small Green Chilies Finely Chopped
• ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
• ½ tsp Amchoor Powder
• ½ tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
• Pinch of hing
• 2-3 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
• 8-9 Big large green peppers
• Oil for Deep Frying
- Slit the green chillies, remove seeds and keep aside.
- Boil potatoes with salt. Peel and mash them well. Add hing, red chilli powder, amchoor powder, Cumin Seeds Powder and coriander leaves. Mix well. Make a thick batter with the flour, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix the besan with the salt and enough water to form a thick, smooth paste.
- Take the green chillies Fill with the potato filling.
- Heat the oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once.
- Dip the pepper in the batter, and drop it into the hot oil.
- Lower the heat to medium and fry till a golden colour.
- Lift out and transfer on to an absorbent paper, before serving.
- Serve hot with green and sweet imli chutney or tomato sauce!!