Sandwiches are my favourite and I used to have at any time …So I use to try with new combination .. Potato beetroot sandwich makes a great combination with steaming hot cup of tea and coffee. This Potato-beetroot stuffed grill sandwich is crispy and gets ready in minutes. You can also pack them in tiffin for kids with their favourite chutney and sauce. It’s really healthy as well easy to make kids will enjoy it as beetroot give some sweet taste to the sandwich
- Bread – 4 slices
- Potatoes – 3 (medium sized)
- Beetroot -2 (sliced)
- Tomato -2 (sliced)
- Onion – 2 (sliced)
- Chat masala powder – 1 tsp
- Green coriander chutney
- Butter- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- Salt – more than ¼ tsp or to taste
- Tamarind chutney
- Boil beetroot until just cooked without making them very soft and slice them
- Take a bowl add grated potato (boiled) ad chilli powder& salt . mix it
- Rinse, peel and slice the onion and tomatoes into thin rounds
- Take all the ingredients(Green coriander, Ginger paste, Green chilly, Tamarind and salt) in a blender and puree till smooth or green chutney
- Apply green chutney and butter to all the bread slices .. Place potato smash and few slices beet root then sprinkle with salt and chaat masala powder.
- Place sliced tomato & onion. Cover with another slice of bread butter and green chutney side down.
- Spread some butter over it.
- Place it over a heated grill butter side down and spread some more butter on other side. Cover and grill till golden
- Remove to a plate and spread some butter on top side. Cut into wedges and serve hot with tomato chutney..
- Note : If u dont have a toaster you can try in tawa too 🙂