Raw turmeric (Haldi ki Sabji) vegetable is a traditional vegetable of Rajasthan which is made on the wedding or other demanding occasions. The raw turmeric (Haldi ki Sabzi) vegetable is formed in the winter season.
You can find turmeric in the winters. It is yellow in color and looks like a Ginger. As we use it in dry , powdered form in every Indian food which a part from giving color is also antiseptic in nature is consumed in fresh form.
Turmeric is hot in tendency and is used to cure cold and joint pains that take place during winters.
Turmeric is fried in desi ghee, so that its bitter taste does not come in eating, it is also very good to make turmeric vegetable. Turmeric is made from raw turmeric. When i learnt and made at home my kids loved it and i was happy as turmeric have good medicinal benefits. Raw Turmeric has long been used for its digestive, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. Turmeric may help regulate blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes. So eat healthy ! be healthy !!
1/2 kilo of raw turmeric (haldi)
5 pieces of garlic, peeled & grated
6 tomatoes (grated)
1 cup peas
3/4 cup curd
3/4 cup fresh desi ghee
1 tsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
2 pinches of Asafoetida
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp fennel
1 tsp Garam Masala
1) Wash the lumps of turmeric well, dry the water or wipe it with the cloth. Oil your hands well. Be sure to do this, otherwise, your hands and nails will remain yellow for a day or two.. Then peel them and wash it once again, remove the water and tamp it and take it in a plate.
2) Peel the garlic and tamp it and put it in a bowl.
3) Take tomatoes grate it and keep aside
4) Now add ghee to a pan and heat it on medium flame and Add cumin seeds & allow to splutter. Add Asafoetida and garlic. Stir well .. then add the turmeric ..Stir-fry until the turmeric starts to change color and the raw turmeric smell starts to disappear. Be sure to keep stirring as the turmeric has a tendency to stick to the pan.
6) Add the peas and grated tomatoes and Continue to stir-fry till the peas soften a bit and tomatoes gets fried well
5)Take a vessel add curd and other dry masalas (chilli powder, coriander powder , salt, garam masala) and stir well.
6)Now add this curd to the pan and stir fry for 3-4 minutes and mix well. After it starts boiling, close with the lid and cook the dough until it becomes completely dry until the water of the yogurt is completely dry.
7)At the time of drying the water, the quantity of ghee will be visible and the curd will be made of the lattice.
8) Take off the lid and discard it from the stove. Open the lid for 20 minutes after landing.
9) The haldi ki sabji is ready. Serve with jowar roti, missi roti, Bajra roti, tandoori roti, phulka, parantha,or even with steamed rice with papad.
10) Refrigerate & consume within seven days.
Check out this video friends